OK, so you should now have been able to save what you
want to somewhere on your hard disc. In saving as, don't change the
filename or file association. Click 'New Mail' to bring up a new
message, in order to attach a saved gif (under a line at the bottom of
your message), go Insert>File attachment & browse to where you
saved it & attach or double click it.
To embed a gif in text (in the middle of a message),
you have to write the message in HTML. Go Format>Rich Text(HTML),
then go Insert>Picture, browse to where you saved it, select it &
OK it. You can insert anywhere in the message & also set the text at
the top, bottom or middle. To create a background, go
CREATING A SIGNATURE HTM FILE
1. Create a folder/directory called sigs on your C
2. Save, or move, your signature to this folder.
3. Open Notepad and type (or copy and paste) the HTML shown below.
where the xxxxxxxxxx.gif is the actual file name of
the signature that has been saved in your sigs folder.
4. Save the finished product as xxxsig.htm file, where xxxsig is a
relevant name. Save it in your new folder 'sigs'.
5. Save this original notepad as sigtemplate.txt Save it in your
new folder 'sigs'.
6. Remember to keep your htm files and gif images in the same folder.
Don't move the files, Outlook Express won't be able to find them.
If you are willing to give a link back to
www.anisigs.co.uk then please copy and paste this html text, instead,
changing the xxxxxxxxx.gif to your own file name.
<DIV><A href="http://www.anisigs.co.uk">Keiths Animated
TO USE YOUR SIGNATURE
1. Start Outlook Express and click on Tools >
Options and select the "Signatures" tab.
2. Click the "New" Button.
3. Click the "Rename" button and give your signature a
4. Choose the "File" option and click "Browse".
5. When "Open" dialog box appears change the files of type to
"HTML Files" and browse to the Signature HTM file that you
You can then add your signature to your mail by
clicking on the Insert > Signature and selecting the name of the one
you have just created. If you want to use this one on all mails, go back
to the signature list, highlight it by clicking on it & clicking the
'Set As Default' button'. Make sure that the 'Add signature to all
outgoing messages' box is checked.
Remember that you must be in html format for the sigs to work. Go Tools
> Options > Send and make sure that your 'Mail Sending Format' is
checked for HTML.
NOTE: You can also assign signatures for specific
e-mail or newsgroup accounts by clicking on the "Advanced"
TO ADD A SIGNATURE BUTTON
1. Open a composition window as if you were going to
type a message.
2. Right-click an empty spot on the toolbar and choose
"Customize" from the pop-up menu.
3. Click on the Signature entry in the dialog box and click
You should now have a signature button on your
toolbar. Clicking on this button will insert the default e-mail
signature into your e-mail message or you can use the drop down menu to
choose a different signature.